Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I am selling a house and the buyers were not truthful about

Customer Question

I am selling a house and the buyers were not truthful about their position to complete quickly. They said they were cash buyers and were doing an intra family property deal which would be completed quickly so the other family member could purchase my property.They pulled out of the sale intitially but decided to buy again a month later. I asked them if there were any reasons which would prevent them
from completing in a timely fashion and they said nothing.It transpires that even after 6 weeks of putting in the original offer they hadn’t even started their family purchase and was starting from scratch.I also notified all the lawyers of the need to process quickly. Their lawyers ignored me and continued to delay the process by not answering their side of queries in a timely fashion and spent more than a month dealing with something that they could simply resolve with an indemnity policy and in the end that’s what they did but wasted 4 weeks in the process.I was also not given the correct position of the sale by the estate agents on numerous occasions. At one point they said the buyers were ready to go and had already signed documents but this was false.The delays have cost me approx £10k in loan payments. I also had a chance to offer the sale to other buyers but because of the information I received thar the sale was close to completion i did not change buyers.Can I sue the estate agents, conveyancers and buyers for damages?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 11 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I can help with this matter if you are still looking for help, please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time. Thank you.

Expert:  Ross Miller replied 7 days ago.

Are you still looking for help with this matter?