Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

PROBLEMS WITH NEIGHBORS, MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR HAS VERY

Customer Question

PROBLEMS WITH NEIGHBORS, MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR HAS VERY LARGE TREES ON THE BOUNDARY BETWEEN HIS PROPERTY AND MINE,
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: what redress do i have when it come to disposal of the detritus remaining after cutting back the overhanging branches.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: please excuse the switch from upper case to lower
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no actions taken yet
Expert:  Buachaill replied 7 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 7 days ago.

1. Legally speaking, the overhanging branches you cut off your neighbour's trees are your neighbour's property and you could place them in his garden on his side of the fence. However, practically speaking, I would advise you to dispose of them yourself, as I am not sure your neighbour will want them in his garden. However, legally speaking, a person owns the trees in their garden and this includes the branches, even if they overhang into someone else's garden. So, you can also speak with your neighbour and ask him or her do they want the branches before you decide how to dispose of them.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 7 days ago.

2. So, whilst the overhanging branches are your neighbour's property, the reality is that your neighbour might not want to have to dispose of them.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 7 days ago.

3. Please Rate or Accept the answer as unless you do so your Expert will not receive payment from the website despite answering your question.