Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My father passed away 2 years now. I resided with him in his

Customer Question

My father passed away 2 years now. I resided with him in his own home and became his main carer for 3 years prior to his passing. My older sister has sent for the third time a notice to vacate his property which before his passing was also my home. She has a copy not original will which states his house belongs to her. There was and has never been a rental arrangement as this was my dad. I paid all bills and looked after him and his home along with my daughter. This last notice states to vacate by 10th October if not will be starting legal proceedings.
Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: London England
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: My sister took all papers relating to my dad. I was joint power of attorney with her
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need to know my rights along with what she is likely to do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 1 month ago.

Hi thank you for your message, so has your fathers estate been dealt with?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I am not sure, I don't think entirely. Copy of probate accepted a Will as contained in a copy to my sister 4th May 2018, but it also stated limited until the original Will or a more authentic copy thereof be proved. This Will just appeared.
No one has told me legally what this means.
My dad had no debts to his home; Had a large bill in terms of 4 x carers per day, everyday. The money for this was in his account which she transferred to her own saying dad had no money. I kept all statements/ money matters in a folder which she took. His finances were not touched by me.
Hi thank you for your message, a copy of a will is not generally accepted as being valid for probate, there are a number of reasons for this not lease because if the original will cannot be found it is presumed destroyed by the testator ie Your father and consequently not valid. If the will is not valid and your father died intestate ie without a valid will then unless he had a surviving spouse at the time of his death you and wny siblings would split his estate between you. Therefore, you should really look into what has happened in relation to his estate. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.