Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I have been in my property for 1 year I paid £1600 deposit

Customer Question

I have been in my property for 1 year I paid £1600 deposit my central heating has never worked the landlord owns the block for the last 7 months water has dropped through my bathroom ceiling due to the shower up stair I know this because he sent a lumber round about 5 months ago and said it will be sorted that never happened they pulled my ceiling down to look but never came back this has led to no ceiling lights in the property as water is in the electric I had the plumber out again from the land lord 2 months ago and now I have no water runing from my sink electric shower works any way this has gone on for 6-7 months Iam on universal credit and only recieve £120 a week I have to find £150 a month to top my rent up I have no fire alarms or the other alarm although I can’t switch lights on cause they blow straight away surely I have some rights
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Worthing West Sussex england
Assistant: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I have just wrote that a plumber was sent about 5 months ago with promise of return never happened just put the place in more of a mess they told landlord it was coming from upstairs
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really I explained at the beginning I have mentle health problems and this hasn’t helped I even bought new shower etc to replace and floor as that is rubbish had water pouring on it for a year
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

I will be assisting you. Can I confirm if this is an assured shorthold tenancy that you have?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No one is contacting me
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

I am an Expert on Just Answer.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think so
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Can I confirm if this is an assured shorthold tenancy that you have?

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

OK, are you able to check?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not this second but I think so
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I was given my tendency a year ago but have had nothing since
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

If the Landlord refuses to do a repair or respond, you can complain to your local council. Provide any photos or evidence when complaining to the council. The council have powers to order a Landlord to carry our repairs or improve conditions.

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Use the link below to find your local council:

https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

The council will carry out a home inspection and will take the necessary action against your Landlord.

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Are you happy with this answer?

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Hello are you still there?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Well I knew about the council or citizens advice just said I have mentle health problems that why I just joined this also said how poor Iam and you’ve told me nothing I didn’t know except took £5 off of me for trial and I’ve just seen the word ninja who had me off before it didn’t show it earlier can you stop my trial Iam not interested what a waste of money thanks for adding to my problems
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I didn’t want to report it yet I wanted to know how bad this situation is
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I report him then get chucked out
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Right, so what exactly do you want to know?

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

You have received the answer so I am not sure what you are looking for?

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

He can't simply evict you because you reported it. That is called revenge eviction.

Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Do you want to continue with this service?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No it’s not what I wanted to know please cancel this for me Iam now in tears thinking your gonna take my last £40 next month
Expert:  LegalNinja replied 7 days ago.

Experts on JA are independent and do not deal with payments. You need to take this up with JA directly.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
how do I do that Iam computer I literate managed to down load app but that’s it
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Tricked me into getting just ask app nothing about the ninja thing they stole £79 off of me for something else and I starved for a week
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is anyone their