Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My wife is a civil servant and posted to Germany in 2 weeks

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My wife is a civil servant and posted to Germany in 2 weeks time.
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: My wife is a civil Servant and we are posted to German in 2 weeks
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: we are in rented accommodation that ends on 4th Jan 2020 we have offered via the agents our landlord FULL payment to them on the day our effects left the house and we have cleaned.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: However, the land lord has declined the payment in Full, he has already stated that he intends selling once we leave. The agent, an estate agent has 6 couples waiting to view please advise where we stand - even the agent is at a loss
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 8 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, the full payment you mentioned was that the full amount of rent until the end of the tenancy next year?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
correct - the full amount as if we were not leaving until 4th Jan 2020
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
sorry no call - in simple terms for my £5 - do we have a case for early termination, even if offering the full amount

Hi thank you for your message, yes with the agreement of the landlord. Ultimately, if the landlord wants to sell the property when you leave he needs you to leave. Therefore, you should say to them either they will agree to early termination without continuing to pay rent or you will continue to pay the rent until the end of your current term. That way, he should agree to the early termination and you do not have to pay the full rent. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.