Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Assistant: How can I help? could you please let me know if I

Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: could you please let me know if I do a company let agreement is it required to have hmo license?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I am willing rent my property to a company for housing their employees
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: It is in London
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Are there more than the permitted number of people staying there?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

The company said it is going to be 4-5 people. It is a four bedroom property.

Then yes, you will need a licence.

Otherwise, everyone could just set up a Co to get around the HMO regs.

This is assuming they are not from the same family etc.

I am sorry if this is not the answer you want, nor the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can you please let me know what is the maximum number of people allowed to stay in a house without requiring the hmo registration.

Many Thanks

A house in multiple occupation (HMO) is a property rented out by at least 3 people who are not from 1 ‘household’ (for example a family) but share facilities like the bathroom and kitchen. I

Please see:

https://www.gov.uk/house-in-multiple-occupation-licence

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much for your help. I have one last question,
If I want to do short stay serviced accommodation or short stay corporate lettings do I still need to have hmo registration? Your help will be much appreciated.

Yes. Even short let.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Can I assist with anything else today?

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor