Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Does it have to be the same person who signs the TR1 form

Customer Question

Does it have to be the same person who signs the TR1 form and the ID1 form or can they be separate
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 month ago.

TR1 is the transfer deed. That is signed by your son and his ex-and the signatures are witnessed. The witness can be anyone over 18 but as I said, preferably at a family member and not his X.

The witness doesn’t need to know what the document is, they just witness the signature.

Next door neighbour, friend, man at a bus stop, solicitor, accountant, anyone.

ID1 must be done by a solicitor or conveyancer and the documents are completely separate.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 15 days ago.

Hello again. Can I assist you any further with this?

If not, if you could thank me for the reply and tell me that you are happy with it and if possible, if you could, please use the rating service, it helps me greatly because it gets me paid and it doesn’t cost you anything. Thank you