How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6936
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I gave a power of attorney to my father-in-law in order to

Customer Question

I gave a power of attorney to my father-in-law in order to buy a flat on my behalf and to do the mortgage paperwork. He then put 50% of my flat in his name is ***** ***** legal recourse that I have?
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 7 months ago.


That would be fraud and you may report the matter to the police and see what they say about this.

You may also file court proceedings for an order under S. 14 of TOLATA 1996 to have his share transferred to your name.

All the best