How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4776
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I had a temporary all inclusive stay for 2 months in UK last

Customer Question

Hi, I had a temporary all inclusive stay for 2 months in UK last april, May. Then went to my country Iceland and had mail forwarded to my. What happened next is bills start piling up from an energy company Spark energy, turns out somebody decided to put a billing in my name which was never supposed to happen. Spark does not listen to my complaints, how can I handle this?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: united kingdom
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contacted the company. landlord does not answer
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, I advise that you refer the matter to the energy ombudsman who can investigate and take action against Spark, you can complain here:

I hope this helps and would appreciate if you could rate me 5 stars in the top right of your screen and then Just Answer will credit me for my time.