Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I am in the 7th month of rent, from a 1 year contract (fixed

Hi. I am in the 7th month of rent, from a 1 year contract (fixed term). I rented the house with another couple. The problems started when my friend's wife gave birth to a baby. The baby often cries during the night and I cannot rest properly. Also his parents came into the house and now we are 5 people in the house but the contract is only for 3 people. I don’t feel comfortable anymore and I want to move out. I tried to talk to my landlord but he is not interested in problems between housemates. He just wants the rent money. What can i do legally becouse I want to leave the house? What can happen if they can't afford the whole rent? Can I be taken to court for debt? Thank you.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I am in the 7th month of rent, from a 1 year contract (fixed term). I rented the house with another couple. The problems started when my friend's wife gave birth to a baby. The baby often cries during the night and I cannot rest properly. Also his parents came into the house and now we are 5 people in the house but the contract is only for 3 people. I don’t feel comfortable anymore and I want to move out. I tried to talk to my landlord but he is not interested in problems between housemates. He just wants the rent money. What can i do legally becouse I want to leave the house? What can happen if they can't afford the whole rent? Can I be taken to court for debt?
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm does the contract have a break clause?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi. Thank you for answer. I dont know about any break clause. I will upload all agreement but i will delete the names of lanlord and tenants.

Hi, thank you for your message. You will be able to move due to breach of contract. I would recommend that you write the landlord a letter setting out your claim and what was agreed. Attach any evidence you may have. At the end of the letter state the date you intend to move out and if this is not allowed that you will report him to the council for breach of contract. You can find your local council here;https://www.gov.uk/find-local-council

You will also need to ask your landlord to remove your name as a joint tenant to prevent being liable for any future payments.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Hi, hope all is well. I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.