JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I'm living now with a person in a house in rent. the

hello, I'm living now with a person in a house in rent . the contract is on the both names. but i don't want any more to stay with this person for many reasons. how i can put it out of the house
thank you

Hello, my name is Jim and I am a qualified lawyer happy to help you today.

If you are also on the lease then you are liable to pay the rent with the other person. If you left then the other person would be liable for the whole rent, so they may pursue you (they could only sue you if they know where you live though, so if you do not give a forwarding address then they will not be able to pursue).

I hope this helps - if you can please accept the answer and give me a 5 star rating (the top right of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Many thanks,

Jim

I hope I have helped.

Before you go please don't forget to rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars on screen and clicking “submit”.

Many thanks,

Jim