Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

We vacated a property when tenancy ended. The landlord had

Customer Question

Hi we vacated a property when tenancy ended. The landlord had also sold the property and told the agents verbally (in front of us) that he did not require a checking out check after we left. We cleaned the property. The landlord was there when we left and was happy with how we left it. The agents are now demanding money for repairs. The sake went through a week after we left and we know the owners were planning on renovations and had planning permission. So no repairs would have taken place
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No. They have called a lot and demanded and threatened court action and fees on top. The landlord will also now not talk to us to back up what he agreed
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Tilehurst, In Reading Berkshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don’t think so
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 13 days ago.
Hi thank you for your message, have they returned your deposit?