Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Good, i Hope you can help me. My partners daughter rented a

Customer Question

Good
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Good evening, i Hope you can help me. My partners daughter rented a room in a shared house in Guildford. The rent was £650pcm and she signed a 6 month contract and handed over 6 months rent of £3900 plus a £500 deposit. After the first month she met the landlord and said she was moving out to go back to her Mum's. The landlord returned her £500 deposit but said he would not return her 5 months rent of £3250 because she had signed a 6 month contract. she moved out. Two weeks after she moved out he rented out her room and the new girl signed a 6 month contract. Because he did this i feel that when he rented her room to the new girl he was in effect ending her contract and he should return her rent from that day to the end of her 6 month contract. Where do we stand legally? Phil Curran
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: If we were to go to the small claims court can i act on my partners daughter behalf as she is so stressed out she said she won't go to the court.
Expert:  Joy Nicholas replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm was there a break clause in the contract?