Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

Am I correct in assuming that in the small private road

Am I correct in assuming that in the small private road servicing 6 houses and owned by three of us all residents have the right of access to their own properties but not the right to park (round the corner) in the access road
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bromsgrove, Worcestershire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The question has not arisen so far but one of my neighbours thinks he can park on a section of the access road which is not immediately in front of his own house
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so
Hi, thank you for your message. Can I confirm why does he think he can park there, is there a contract in place?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
As all residents contribute to the upkeep of the road, one of my neighbours is allowing a relative to park on the road (assuming that contributing to the upkeep confers a parking right)
Hi, thank you for your message. If there are no parking restrictions in that specific area then they can park there. However, if it is preventing you from properly entering your property you should contact the council to investigate the matter and to make things right. You will need to write the council and attach any evidence you may have such as pictures. I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
This is a private road with access to six houses round a type of square . We all have parking spaces in front of our houses/garages. The road is ‘owned’ by three of us and evidently we all have rights to drive over the road to access our own properties. My question is whether a visitor to one of the houses has the RIGHT to park in the road rather than a space allocated to each of the houses?

Hi, thank you for your message. Visitors should park at the space allocated rather than the private road.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.