How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stuart J Your Own Question
Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 23351
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Stuart J is online now

I asked you earlier re the prohibition order, any response

Customer Question

hi, i asked you earlier re the prohibition order, any response from your solicitor on the case?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: i responded to that already
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: ealing, perivale
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: responded to this already
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi, we got a prohibition order for demolition to be carried out within 3 weeks, however there's a tenant currently residing in the property. what are my options?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 7 months ago.
I am very sorry for the delay in response.
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
pls do proceed, as i'm paying for this service.. However, i do need an answer ASAP, as i'm in a risk of getting in contravention with a notice, for no good reason, as explained above.
awaiting your URGENT advice.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

Nicola has asked me to look at this for you.

I only have this one post and I have no background. Sorry.

Good you explain the situation in detail, what the problem is and what you want to know about it?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
we got a Prohibition order to demolish an out building within 28 days, we are happy to comply with this, however ther is a tenant living there and we believe the legal eviction process takes much longer than 4 weeks. what are the steps we have to take vis a vis the council and the tenant.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry pressed by mistake. pls don't call. i would prefer it to be in writing.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
pls confirm you are not charging the £44 for that error?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi, pls advise re the charge, and re my original enquiry?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
pls answer my questions re the charge, and re my original enquiry?
Expert:  Stuart J replied 6 months ago.

We can continue on here. The telephone call is optional.

You would need to speak to customer services if you have been charged. If I report it to customer services the thread will close and we cannot continue so it’s probably better for you to contact them or wait until we have finished our exchange.

You need to be seen to be going through the eviction process and you need to give the requisite notice immediately, if you have not done already. I don’t love the circumstances under which the tenant is occupying the property or whether the tenant is in breach of the tenancy agreement but you would normally be required to give 2 months notice.

You need to emphasise that with the local authority and you may find they would take more notice if that letter comes from a solicitor. If they press you for this, boot the tenant out unceremoniously, they are trying to get you to break the law. If they don’t start to become more accommodating, tell them you are going to refer the matter to the Local Government Ombudsman.