iram a
iram a,
Experience:  Principal at IA Solicitors
105500460

My huband is sole executor for my late uncle's wills. He had

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: My name is***** my huband Anthony is sole executor for my late uncle's wills. He had one will in England covering his English Estate and one will in Ireland for his Irish Estate. Unfortunately his Irish Estate consisted solely of a property which he has left to my husband and myself (free of Inheritance Tax). Because he had no capital in Ireland the tax and legal fees need to come from the English Estate. The Irish solicitor dealing with the Irish Will says that this is ok but the English Solicitor says that is not allowed. We are in a bit of a stalemate at the moment and don't know where to go from here.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: What do you mean what state are we in
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: We have a copy of both wills
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we just need some advice as to what to do next
Expert:  iram a replied 5 days ago.

hi,

I can help you for your concerns.

you uncle has addressed Irish Estate in his will which he has made for English Estates?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
what does that mean
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is there somewhere we can contact to mediate between the two solicitors
Expert:  iram a replied 5 days ago.

you have explained that your uncle made 2 wills.

i was just getting information that your uncle has mentioned Irish Estate in his will which he made for Estate in England.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
They were completely separate wills and stated that one was for his English will only and the other said for his Irish will only, the Irish will was lodged in Ireland.
Expert:  iram a replied 5 days ago.

Then it should not be any issue.

There is no specific place for Solicitors mediation regarding this .

if English Solicitor has any issue then your English Solicitor should contact to your Irish Solicitor. They should take steps with mutual understanding. you should give authorisation to your English Solicitor to contact to your Irish Solicitor.

I hope it will help you