Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Assistant: How can I help? mu husband transferred his house

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: mu husband transferred his house over to his elder brother two years ago. I have been living in the house with my children for twelve plus years.
Assistant: What steps has the husband taken so far? Has he prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: what are my rights now that my husband and i are separated
Assistant: Where is the house located?
Customer: greenford london
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have been separated from my husband since july 2018. We have five children, four are adults, one is still a child and our daughter has a severe disability

Hi thank you for your message, so he transferred the house over to his brother a year before you separated? Did he transfer the house for money?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No not that I know of
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No i will can wl
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Cancel
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I didnt realise it costs £44

Hi thank you for your message, please ignore the call request. If no one calls you then any credit paid for this will be refunded to you. In relation to your query, it will be difficult to unravel the sale but in separation proceedings the court might decide the transfer was a sham designed to avoid you receiving your share of the property and accordingly grant you a share of the property. You will however need to instigate a divorce and financial separation and I would recommend you appoint a family law solicitor to represent you. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok

Do you have any further queries please? If not I would appreciate if you could please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I divorced my husband in 2001. At the time i tried to claim a share of the material house. That was in his name and his mothers name.
I instructed a legal aid family Solicitor but they mislead me by saying because i was in receipt of state benefits i wasn't entitled to making a claim on the property.
We have two children and my son has severe disabilities. He never paid welfare or child care support and over the years i tried so hard to see if I could still claim and was told its not a possibility.My children are adults. Considering my son has severe disabilities and needs a lot of care and attention and have an extremely helpful and compromise is there anything
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
* having the money would have been extremely helpful and may have not compromised my sons health

Hi thank you for your message, so you have a financial order from 2001?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Yes

Hi thank you for your message, your only option would be to try and get a revised order (if there is no clean break order attached to the order in 2001). You will however, need a family law solicitor to assist you with this.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Will that involve legal aid or private. Given he transferred the property over to his um who passed away in 2008. He has now remarried and has three children in his current marriage
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Mum
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
The house is free hold

Hi thank you for your message, it will need to be private as legal aid is now very restricted in family law largely limited to domestic violence cases and children being taken into care. Ultimately, this will be a very difficult case and I am afraid to say your chances of success are slim.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you. I kind of knew it...i cant afford to pay private to find out i have no rights. Its so unfortunate that i was mislead at the time.
Yes off course j can rate you five stars

Hi thank you for your message, I am sorry that you had a bad experience previously.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you but the damage can never be undone. As i have no grounds to claim of the property.

Hi thank you for your message, yes sadly so.