Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

I amm Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary

Hello. I amm
Assistant: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: A permitted occupier who has been forcibly removed from property by a tenant
Assistant: What steps has the tenant taken so far?
Customer: In northamptonshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats enough
Hi, thank you for your message. Can you briefly explain your case?
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I broke up with my partner and told heer that I intend to leave thee flat we share. Next day she took my keys from me forcibly and told me to leeave
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When I disputed she began messing with all my possessions
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
She assaulted me and I had no choice but to leeave, thats all reallyy
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Im jist interested in what rights I,have as a permittted occupier

Hi, thank you for your message. If you are jointly listed in the tenancy agreement she cannot force you to leave. I would recommend that you contact the landlord to explain the situation so that the landlord can speak with her and have her return the keys. If you are planning to move out you should give notice in accordance with the contract and ask the landlord to remove your name from the agreement, otherwise you may still be liable for rent was your ex not to pay rent.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer, there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.