Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My partner and I put an offer on a property back in April,

My partner and I put an offer on a property back in April, that was accepted by the sellers/builders. The date for exchange got pushed back for one reason or another and we about 10 days before we were due to leave our then home we found out the sellers/builders had built the refuse area in the wrong location. We had given notice on our previous place in good faith and on discussion with our solicitor that exchange was imminent on the basis we had a long notice period and we didn't want to be the cause of any hold ups. We're three months on since then and our mortgage offer is up on the 20th of this month - exchange and completion is once more imminent (though with no concrete date as yet). My question is if it all goes to pot and we haven't completed by then, is there anything we can do pursue the sellers for as we feel we've messed about so much, been made nearly homeless and face having to start the whole process all over again all because their architect build the bin area in the wrong place and no one picked up on it. I
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: what sort of paperwork? All the plans etc were all drawn up and good to go until someone spotted the bins were on land they didn't own.
JA: Where is the home located?
Customer: Twickenham - it's part of a 9 flat development and I know the other buyers are also in similar situations
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: don't think so
Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately not because the contract is not legally binding until exchange. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.