Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

Over a month ago my neighbour had an oil leak and my whole

Customer Question

Hi, over a month ago my neighbour had an oil leak and my whole garden was flooded with oil and my house became inhabitable and i was told that me and my family had to move out within 2 to 3 days. The next day my housing agency has said that they suspended my contract with the landlord. Since then they refuse to give back my deposit for the house even though i cleand up everything and painted everything. They sent back my rent for the month of October but are still refusing to give back my deposit. They are also aking me to pay the rent for the house until the end of March
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I put together a document where i have copied and pasted all of our text messages and emails, other than that i havent taken any actions yet. I also kept emailing them about the deposit. They also want me to pay the breaking lease fee which they broke and also the advertisement fees for the house.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: just that they said that they would help us find a new house to rent but they done nothing about is as well as not asnwering back for days.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 12 days ago.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Yes, I would like you to keep searching as this is important for me.

Kayaking Gulacsi
Expert:  Miles-Solicitor replied 12 days ago.
Good Morning, I am sorry to learn about your situation. I am a Qualified Solicitor with over 20 years of experience in the UK. I am reviewing your question and will revert back to you today. Please note this is an email service and not a live chat so there may be some delay. Thanks.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Good morning,
That’s fine, take as long as you need to. I might not be able to email back right away as I’m working.