JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

Jim, thank you for your reply recently regarding the plumber

Customer Question

Hi Jim, thank you for your reply recently regarding the plumber that my landlord refuses to pay. To follow up, once I had gotten ahold of the landlord (3 hours after not hearing from him and knowing he was out of the country), he told the plumber to leave and that he would deal with it when he was home in 3 days. So I was left with this plumbers call out fee, and the heat and hot water was out for the 3 days. I am requesting him to pay this plumber fee which he is refusing, and I also think he should have had the plumber fix this problem so that I was not without heat and hot water for the 3 days. Is this reasonable?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 10 days ago.

Yes, I agree with you - if you spoke to the housing department at the council they too would agree with you. I wouldn't doubt that the judge in a small claim would be sympathetic to your situation.

Let me know if I can help further.