How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jamie-Law Your Own Question
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 16738
Experience:  Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jamie-Law is online now

Assistant: How can I help? Assistant: How can I help? I

This answer was rated:

Assistant: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi
Assistant: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I bought 2 apartments in Wales 4 years ago as off plan investments. Based in the valuations mage by Chris Armstrong from validus property consultants.
Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No looked up on line that they're was an ombudsman service and that of a valuation was wrong that they should put you'll back in the financial situation you would have been in had you'll not taken action on their advice /valuation. We were told they would make £60-80k each in April 2013. I eventually managed to sell one 6 years later for the price I'd paid but with £154k bridging loans. To sell the other I'd have to let it go at £20k less than I paid. I love in uk and the properties after in Wales. Prices have risen every year since 2013 (valuation date) by an Abertawe of 3-5%
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I sent them an email 3 years ago explaining explaining that I didn't have figures yet as I hadn't managed to sell any apartments but that I was likely to lose around £150-200k. I asked how they proposed to make amends financially. I followed thrust up with a registered letter. They ignored both. I have now lost my home through these purchases and have been very ill with severe asthma through stress so wasn't mentally up to following it up. I worked out the actuate figures 3 weeks ago and forked up with another email and registered later with the figure of £154,443.54 that I have paid out in bridging loans site to bring unable to sell the properties. They have ignored these too
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that's it
I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi. I'd rather wait for the right person than have a less thorough answer.
Thank you

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to achieve please?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I read on the surveyors ombudsman site that you should be reimbursed to the financial position that you would have been in had you'll not acted on the information supplied by the surveyor.
I paid out £154000 in bridging loan fees and lost my home due to buying priories based on the figure they were supposed to achieve. 6 years pay the survey date I still can't sell for the oeuvre I paid let alone the £65000 on top of that or was supposed to make.
I would like to reverie the £154000 I have lost plus the £280000 my apartment is still less than the price I paid for it in 2914

Did you go to Ombudsman?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. I gave them 2 weeks to respond and they have ignored me. My next step is to go to the ombudsman. So you think I have a valid case for compensation /refund of my losses

Yes go to the Ombudsman, I think you have a case. If that doesnt work you can seek compensation.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request payment within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you' very much for this advice.
Kind regards *****'hanlon

Can I assist with anything else today Mary?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can I come back to you if I have no luck with the ombudsman? I have already sent them letters giving 2 weeks to pay up. This is what they ignored.
Do you think I have a legal right to have my bridging loans refunded then. It sounds like it from your responses. I can't afford to throw more money into this as I've lost £154000 already.
Kind regards *****'hanlon

Sure. Once you rate the question remains open.

I think you have a decent argument.

Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 16738
Experience: Solicitor
Jamie-Law and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you