Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We have just discovered that there is a restrictive covenant

Hi, we have just discovered that there is a restrictive covenant on our property. if we sell part of the property does the restrictive covenant apply to the transferred land still?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No, we want to establish our position before taking further action.
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: CV23 8AU
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all thank you

Hi, a restrictive covenant is binding on land, so if it applies to the whole of your property, were you to sell part of it, the covenant remains in place for the land which is sold.

Please let me know if you require any further clarification. If not, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer with 3-5 stars.

Kind Regards

Al

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Is there any way around that at all?

Hi, there isn't I'm afraid, unless you approach the party with the benefit of the covenant and ask them to release the covenant from the land to be sold.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Many thanks. Al