UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My drive gives right of way to 2 neighbouring properties. Do

My drive gives right of way to 2 neighbouring properties. Do they have right to park as well? On the land registry documents there is a shaded area showing access. Thank you.
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Have land registry details. There was an incident several months ago with one if the neighbours which resulted in me being verbally abused & a relative threatened with violence. We have not spoken since but they continue to park on my drive at times. I tried texting but my number may be blocked. I am reluctant to go over there after the previous incident.
Assistant: Where is the land located?
Customer: The drive is at the front of the house.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

No, a right of way does not give them the authority to park on your drive.

I would advise you to get a local solicitor to send them a letter asking them to stop parking on your driveway. This letter will be more effective than you dealing with them directly.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your advice. I will contact a local solicitor as you have advised. Kind regards.