chatham-chamber
chatham-chamber, Solicitor
Experience:  LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I am a private landlord. OAP living off a meagre pension and

I am a private landlord. OAP living off a meagre pension and the rent I receive. I have a tenant, who I've had for just over a year. He has struggled to pay the rent from day 1. I have never received the monthly rent as and when it was due. I have received dribs and drabs and all sort of excuses and all sorts of promises.
Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Liverpool. Where are you based? Like I was saying all sorts of broken promises. Things came to a head a couple of months ago after more broken promises.
Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: The guy is on a AST (RLA terms) held over. As I say things came to a head a couple of months ago. After the latest batch of broken promises. I issued a Sect 8 possession claim. The guy went to the council. It turns out the flat (nice little flat) was not licensed. I've registered it now. I know I should have known and registered the flat but I didn't. So I don't need a lecture on that. I now know all about rent repayment orders and all that. The case comes to court in early December. CAN I GET A REPOSSESSION ORDER?
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. That's about it. I just want the guy OUT. He has been nothing but trouble. If I have to pay the rent he's paid me back, so be it. He will have to make the running on that. I just want him out.

Thank you for your query. If you have issued a section 8 Notice and the tenant is 2 or more months in arrears at the time of the hearing, the court will have no other discretion but to give an Order for Possession.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
So the property not being licensed is not an issue?

I dont believe it is. It would be if it was a HMO but youbhave described it as a nice little flat.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It's not a HMO it is a small self contained purpose built flat.
This is invaluable advice, worth MUCH more than a fiver. I am in business I want to pay you more.
I have a BIG issue with the head lessee. I am looking for an interpretation of the terms of the lease +. Where are you based.?The proceedings are in Liverpool C.C. Is this something you/ your firm can help me with. I don't seem to be able to recover your profile.

My firm is based in Reading. I can possibly review the lease under a premium service.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Friend, you gave me some sound advice at the weekend. Am I able to contact you by email, as I have further questions.

I can propose a call if you like?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I've no objection to paying you £42 or more but I really would like to email you something that I have received since we were in contact at the weekend.

Sure. My email address is: [email protected]