How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 11137
Experience:  LLB(HONS) 23 years of experience in dealing with Conveyancing and Property Law
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now

I am making a purchase for a property residential but it has

This answer was rated:

I am making a purchase for a property residential but it has been 2 months but i keep getting excuses that it needs to be signed off by a director then a site manager as the property is a new build. My conveyancing solicitor never answers any calls. Please can someone tell me what is the last procedure that would be done before completion?

Hi, you will have needed to sign the Contract and pay deposit monies to your Solicitor before exchange of Contracts. Before completion can take place, the property will need to be signed off by the Council's Building Control office and NHBC inspector if the property has the benefit of NHBC cover. You will also be invited to view the property to run through any snagging items.

I hope this helps and if so, please could you rate my answer with 3-5 stars.

Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi again,
I’ve been told that a completion statement is pending?
As I have requested Exchange & completion to be done on the same day Would the completion statement mean that funds are due to be handed from my solicitor to the sellers? As I’m part exchanging my property with theirs can this be done together?

Hi, us Solicitors would request funds from a client (by sending them the completion statement) and once the client has sent the funds, we would then be in a position to exchange Contracts and complete. If you are having a Mortgage, your Solicitor will need to give your Lender 3-4 days notice that he requires your Mortgage monies, so this time factor has to be taken into account when agreeing a completion date. Al

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Would the sellers solicitors be requiring 3-4 days too as they are purchasing my property as part exchange?

They shouldn't need any notice. Al

Aston Lawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you