INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

TENANCY DEPOSIT: I’m attempting to determine whether or not

TENANCY DEPOSIT:Hi, I’m attempting to determine whether or not it is legally required for a landlord to file a deposit paid by a tenant to a third party deposit scheme?

Thank you for your query..Kindly explain the situation further

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well, as I understand, a landlord is legally required to file any deposit paid to him to a government backed scheme...?

Yes that is correct, within 14 days of receipt. If not, the tenant could claim up to 3 times the deposit back.

I hope this answers your question. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.