How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2240
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My Mother has Dementia, my two sisters have Power of

This answer was rated:

My Mother has Dementia, my two sisters have Power of Attorney, they took out Equity Release from the Properry and will not tell me how much, is this information listed at Land Registry. Thank you
Assistant: Can you tell me where this is? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?
Customer: House is in Twickenham, Equity Realeased in 2017
Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: They have been investigated by the Office of Public Guardia, two years ago, and nothing to be done. They are also withholding shares and dividends from my late Uncles Estatevof with all 4?children are beneficiaries, I have written about this to them, and asked the status specifically of Royal Dutch Shares, who provide Dividends four times a years. They wrote back by email so say they have no knowledge of the Shares, even though previously dividends were paid into my Mothers Bank Account, the distributed to all beneficiaries, my Uncle died 13 years ago,?what do I do, do I go to the Police? Thank you
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Dysfunctional family

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am happy to wait for an answer. Thank you.
Hi thank you for your message, in terms of your uncle’s estate of that has still not completed probate you can ask for an accounting this is essentially where they would have to go to court and justify in court what has happened to the estate, I recommend you hire a probate solicitor to assist you in the process and represent you at the hearing. Regarding your mother, the fact of the equity release should be recorded against the title of the property and who the equity release is with but not necessarily the amount although it might be. Typically such a release is 25% of the property value. To check the title deed you can use the HM Land Registry page. Searching by house name or number and postcode, it costs £3 go download the document. . I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I would like to go to the Police with this matter, as I think they may have sold the shares and kept them he money, also if they have not sold the shares, which pay out 4 times a year, and I haven’t received anything for nearly thee years. They are determined to defraud me of my entitlement . My paperwork has been a n storage for two years, I may have a copy of a dididend payout and a copy of the Share Certifice. In Mum’s will, all four children will receive 23 percent of the Estate. They have removed the Will from the Family home and I fear they may have persuaded Mum to change the Will in order to exclude me. Do you think I should approach the Court of Protection and the Office of Public Guardian? In 2007 I took Mum to a Solicitor, she independently authorised myself and my brother to have Power of Attorney if rquired. Unfortunately in April 2016, Mum was diagnosed with Dementia. During August 2016, my Sisters knowing full well that I was to have Power of Attorney, they printed a copy of the application for POA, got a Neighbour to sign it, got Mum to start gn it and registered it. I didn’t realise that I should have informed the Court or Protection, and have been over ruled since. My sisters have excluded me from anything to do with Mum, changed the locks to the family home and made it very difficult to visitvMum, with them watching me on a camera and recording my private conversations. This is very controlling behaviour. One sister assaulted me, she was reported to the Police, and denied it, resulting to n her being banned from the house for 10 days. All the neighbours who are also my friends, have been banned from the house. I have Mum’s paid Carer ( areas Allowance -,£64.00 per week, then a nice they got POA , they forced me out of the house. I have suffered physical and mental abuse from them and their bullying and they intimidating style, all I want is access to my Mum, to take her out for a cup of tea, they have denied me this, and yet they take her out of her home environment. My Mother is 94 years old and may not have much memory back, what do you think and can I get them removed from POA Attorney, for fraud and misuse of power. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. Barbara Jones
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
When can I call you? Thank you Barbara Jones
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Ok, what do you think about the information I have just sent you? Thank you Barbara Jones
Hi apologies for the delay in coming back unfortunately I cannot do a call that request is sent automatically. I understand you want to go to the police and that is a course you can go down but the better option at this stage might be to request the accounting via a solicitor if they cannot prove what they have done with your uncles estate then you can go to the police about probate fraud with a good case already and possibly the authority of the court too. In terms of your mum, go to the Office of the Public Guardian and then they can look into your concerns about the power of attorney.
I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello Jeremy, are you around tomorrow, to go through some of this, as I’m not sure about two areas. Thank you Barbara Jones

Hi Barbara, I can answer any queries via message both today and tomorrow, though I cannot get guarantee when I shall be online though I usually check in relatively frequently. I do not do calls through this service.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Good Mornings by Jeremy, do you think my sisters obtained POA illegally? The OPG did not comment on this area, even though I obtained a witness statement, stating that my Mother (who was diagnosed with dementia in the April and was then asked to sign documentation relating to POA in the August), did not seem to understand what she was being asked to sign. Can my sisters prevent me from visiting my Mother? Can my sisters legally continue to monitor my visits with cctv recordings and voice recordings of my private conversations with my Mother? Lastly, would you consider my sisters are acting in a bullying and intimidating manner towards me, would you consider this to be ‘gaslighting’ behaviour? Many thanks Barbara Jones
Hi thank you for for your message, I would not necessarily say illegally but rather they are misusing it. They cannot prevent you though if she is in their care they can make it difficult. Similarly, cctv and voice recordings should not be used and again these are all the things that should go to the OPG. Regarding, gaslighting there behaviour seems extreme but gaslighting is a relatively new concept. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello Jeremy, I bought my new build flat two years ago, it is in a CPZ ( Controlled Parking Zone) , I have since found out that I cannot even get a Residents Parking Permit. Do I have any comeback against the conveyencing Solicitor, who did not alert me to this problem? Many thanks Barbara Jones
Hi Barbara, I can look into this for you but you will appreciate this is a new query to the original question therefore can you please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you on your original question.
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 2240
Experience: Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Jeremy Aldermartin and 2 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I’ve rated you 5 star! Thank you Barbara Jones
Thank you much appreciated, regarding your new build, it is difficult to advise without having all the documentation for example if the flat was sold on the basis it had parking then this could be a claim.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you Jeremy, it was not sold on the basis that it had parking. Only after purchase have I found that it is impossible to obtain a Residents Parking Permit. This was not highlighted to me by the Conveyancing Solicitor. Any thoughts on this? Thank you Barbara Jones

Hi thank you for your message, if this was an omission and was not cited during the sale you might struggle to make a claim because as a matter of principle the conveyance would not be obligated to inform you everything the flat does not come with for obvious reasons.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Ok, thank you Jeremy, for all your help. Barbara Jones. I’ll give you 5 Star again!

Thank you much appreciated.