Remus2004
Remus2004, Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

I'm disabled with ms. I am currently on contribution based

Customer Question

Hi, I'm disabled with ms. I am currently on contribution based esa and pay full rent. I recieve critical illness payments. This reduces my benifits dramatically. Is this correct?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Belfast, Northern ireland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Telephone calls
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I paid for th critical illness policy personally
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Remus2004 replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Jo C, I’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Remus2004 replied 12 days ago.

If you mean that you receive payments under a critical illness insurance policy then they are entitled to reduce your benefit payment to reflect that because this is a means tested benefits. If you are receiving income from another source then that would automatically have the effect of reducing your benefits. It doesn’t mean that you aren’t in titled. It just means that the entitlement reduces. It just means that the entitlement reduces.

Sorry if that is bad news.