UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a leasehold flat that had a leaking pipe in wall

Customer Question

I have a leasehold flat that had a leaking pipe in wall downstairs reported this in January but nothing was done until august the damage too both property’s come too £11000 the management company was as of yesterday asking for £3500 excess from me I told them I don’t agree with this I was never told of any excess too there insurance today they dropped it too £1750 could you tell me where I stand on this thx
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no
Assistant: Where is the leasehold located?
Customer: romford
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 8 days ago.

You should ask the management company to point out where in your lease does it make you liable for this excess.

If they cannot point this out, it is not in your lease, therefore you are not liable.

May I help further?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thx

You are welcome. Please click on 5 stars to leave a positive rating.