How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6906
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

My daughter split with her partner and moved out of rented

Customer Question

My daughter split with her partner and moved out of rented accommodation whilst her ex partner remained in the flat. My daughter is now trying to get her half of the deposit back but without success what can she do
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: She moved out over a year ago and as far as I know the tenancy is in her ex partners name now
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: In Worthing
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 months ago.


How much is the deposit and is it protected?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
163;540 and yes its protected
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 5 months ago.

In that case, she may raise a dispute with the deposit protection scheme and ask for her half back on the ground that she is no longer a tenant.

All the best. Please click on 5 stars and let me know if you need further help.