How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 4776
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

I am working for the Tenants in Oldham who are living in a

Customer Question

I am working for the Tenants in Oldham who are living in a First Choice Homes Oldham Rented Accommodation which is Riddled with Damp and Mould and an Infestation of Mice
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: The issues that I am requesting help with are the Section 19A of the Housing Act 1988 which states that the Landlord should comply with Government Legislation and ensure that the property is Fit for Human Habitation Act 2019 Because I am working with the Tenants in Oldham my Reports on the issues concerning the Shocking State of Housing in Oldham as been published in the Oldham area Newspapers and broadcast on ITN NEWS at TEN Because I have done this First Choice Homes Oldham who are my Landlord are threatening me with Court Action claiming that I am Committing Anti Social Behaviour, What are my Rights.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Rochdale Road Oldham OL1 2DY
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: In this Three bed Property are a Mother and Three Sons One aged 24 years old who has Autism Spectrum Disorder and a 14 year old with Asthma and a 20 Month old baby boy who is constantly being Sick due to the issues concerning the Damp and Mould and an Infestation of Mice.
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The main issue is in relation to how both Oldham Council and First Choice Homes Oldham are not helping me in relation to getting work done in order for the Tenants to live in a safe environment.
I have a Client who has not been able to live in his Rented Accommodation for over 3 years due to the issues concerning Damp and Mould and Astbestos in the Rented Flat because I have been working with this Tenant First Choice Homes Oldham are Threatening me with Court action claiming that I am Committing Anti Social Behaviour.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Another issue is that I have had a Solicitor who was taking on my case but I have cancelled the Service from the Firm of Solicitors because I feel that they are Siding with both First Choice Homes Oldham and Oldham Council, The Solicitors have been intouch with me saying that they are sending my Legal Aid Application back to the Court What are my Rights in relation to this issue.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 months ago.
Hi thank you for your messsge, well in terms of the legal action they can not justify any anti social behaviour action purely on the basis you are helping people to fight for habitable accommodation. In terms of the housing itself it would normally be the council who would enforce habitable conditions on the landlord but that is not happening here. Your best option might be to bring legal action for maintenance and repairs of the property. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
5 Star
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 months ago.
Glad I could help, thank you for rating me 5 stars there should be the option to select this in the top right of your screen if you are on a laptop or pc or the bottom of your screen if on mobile.