Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

What are the effects of terminating a Lease Deed due to a

Customer Question

What are the effects of terminating a Lease Deed due to a duty imposed by law
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: None yet. Just signed a lease 3 weeks ago only to realise i should have informed Natural England
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: i am a landowner os a designated site of Special scientific interest
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: realising that i have beached the requirement to notify the authority about the lease, i wish to terminate the lease
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

Can you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
A part of the land has been designated as SSSI. I entered into a 5yr lease agreement with a tenant recently but just realized I should notify Natural England of the lease. Can I terminate the lease while I notify the regulatory body?. Do I need their consent or I am just required to notify?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

I dont think you need their permission. You just need to notify them.

But they cant stop you entering into a lease.

You do not even need their consent.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
What if the notification period has expired?
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 7 days ago.

You should still do it, even if late. You can't terminate because of that.

Does that clarify?

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 4 days ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate me 3, 4 or 5 stars before you leave today?

I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget as it is an important part of the online process! If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost. Thank you.