How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5381
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

The fence on one side of my garden is the responsibility of

Customer Question

Hi The fence on one side of my garden is the responsibility of Magna housing association, one of the panels has completely broken and I have contacted their repair department who have advised me they will look at it in April, I said that as it is their fence and the Magna tenant has dogs I expected a date much earlier, their answer was that if it was dangerous they would come and remove the fence but no repair before April. Is this correct. Thansk
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: I have only spoken to the repair department
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: Nr Sherborne, Dorste
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, no that is clearly not acceptable, I would advise that you contact them via email or letter and set out that you expect them to replace the fence panel as is their responsibility within 2 weeks or you will bring legal action for them to replace the panel or the cost of you replacing it. If they do not replace the fencing you then have the choice to get quotations for replacing the panel and then bringing legal action for the cost of replacement and then replacing the panel if you win or replace the panel and bring legal action for the cost. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.