JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

20 mths ago I exchanged contracts on an off plan 2 bedroom

Customer Question

20 mths ago I exchanged contracts on an off plan 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartment £232500 with a 10% deposit priot to its completion we spent a further £2500 for extras the property is due for completion on Monday. I first saw the apartment on Wednesday It reminded me of a dog kennel how 2+ people
Assistant: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Could live in this I dont know also the apartment next door is not complete and will have workmen around for some time. Consequently I will not be completing on this property ever. I am in Peterborough in the UK can you help?
Assistant: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have taken no steps so far.
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What grounds could I have for getting some if not all of the deposit back?
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and I am a dual-qualified lawyer (UK and Republic of Ireland) and happy to help you today.

Was there anything which differed from the marketing details? Anything to suggest misrepresentation here?

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 6 days ago.

Hi, just checking you still need assistance with this.