SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

Are surveyor's fees to specify and oversee the work

Are surveyor's fees to specify and oversee the work considered part of 'Qualifying Works' in Section 20 Major Works consultation process? If their fees are above £250 per leaseholder, would a Section 20 notice have to be served before the Freeholder appoints a surveyor to provide a report?

Hi thank you for your enquiry and your patience. If the surveyor is contracted for at least 12 months then yes there should be consultation as this would be a lon-term agreement with a service provider contractor and the contribution threshold in this case is £100 as opposed to £250 for the works - ‘works on a building or any other premises’ – that is, works of repair, maintenance or improvement.

I hope this is useful and I would be grateful for your rating at your earliest convenience. All the best

SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience: Director and Principal Solicitor. UK