How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5309
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

My dad passed away as a tenant in common. I am a

This answer was rated:

My dad passed away as a tenant in common. I am a executor/personal representative, I have the legal authority to convey the tenants my dads share of his property to the named beneficiaries, how do I do this? What court firm? Are there basic steps?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: Uk
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: Grant of probate. Proof of purchase of property. He remortgaged his flat to buy that house in 2008
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Hi thank you fro your message, to transfer the land to the beneficiary you will need to transfer ownership to the surviving owner and a beneficiary, you'll need to complete:

form TR1 - Registered title(s): whole transfer which you can see here:
form AP1 - Change the register:
And send a certified copy of evidence of death. This can be either:

a grant of probate
death certificate
letters of administration
a court order

If you want to submit this application yourself, everyone involved needs to have their identity verified.You can do this at a HM Land Registry office or by going to a solicitor. HM Land registry do not

charge a fee to verify identity but a solicitor may. If you want to go to a HM Land Registry office, you'll need to make an appointment. Everyone who needs to have their identity verified must come to the same appointment.

You'll need to bring:

the completed forms and documents for this application
a completed identity form ID1 for each person:
a passport-sized photograph taken in the last 3 months for each person
You must submit the application and have your identity verified at the same appointment.

I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 3 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you