How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Collins Your Own Question
Peter Collins
Peter Collins,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 6446
Experience:  Barrister at Self Employed
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Peter Collins is online now

What is the form to apply for the postpone of an hearing

This answer was rated:

What is the form to apply for the postpone of an hearing (CCMC) and its filling ?

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

What type of case is this, when is the hearing listed and what is the reason for postponement?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It is a CCMC hearing for Multi Track which was initial a small claim ? Never litigate on multi track Date is 12 dec and I should fill yp spreadsheet by 5 dec still don't know what to put inside
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have still a read to knwo how to make thos edocument. It is the first time I do it.

Are you the claimant or the defendant?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
claimant but I have to answer to a counter claim and I have to fill all this

OK, you have a lot to do here.

I'm going to be honest - this will take a long time to go through with you and is beyond the scope of what we offer here at just answer.

However, I think a paralegal service may assist you - in getting everything together that you need to. I don't think the judge will allow you to postpone the court date I'm afraid. So you need to get started quickly.

Perhaps this firm here may assist you:

They have a free consultation for 30 minutes and should be able to assist with putting together the documents you need.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Just want to apply ? How with a N244 ?

OK - yes it's the N244 - and you are applying to adjourn. You need to be realistic about the timescales, asking for an extra 2 weeks for example would be reasonable, an extra 2 months would not be.

The fee to file it is £255, payable to HMCTS if paid by cheque.

Can I clarify anything else about this?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
2 week mean christmas ? I move to Manchester

Then you can also ask the court to transfer the case to Manchester at the same time.

Peter Collins and 4 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will be two week in Manchester only for vaccation

Oh - OK. Then ask for a date after Christmas - at the start of January. There's no need to transfer the case to a different court in this case. Best wishes.