Stuart J
Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

Have been to the first hearing and possession was suspended,

Have been to the first hearing and possession was suspended, and my wife is not agreeing to the sale of the property and one payment has been missed and I don't want to talk with the bank, can she talk with the bank, though she's not the sole owner of the property

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Yes I can wait please

I have been asked to look at this for you. You need to talk to the bank. The worst thing that you can do is not talk to the bank..

Whatever you say, follow it up in writing.

If your wife is not agreeing to sell the property, then you need to make an application to court under section 14 of the Trusts of Land Appointment of Trustees Act one order to compel her to sell it if she is just being awkward.

You may find that a strongly worded letter from a solicitor threatening a court application and an application for costs, may focus the mind without actually the need to get to court.

There is no reason why she cannot talk with the bank although banks may be a little obstructive. You can just give her a simple letter authorising her to speak on your behalf although they may want Power of Attorney.

This is not a Lasting Power of Attorney but a simple one-page power-of-attorney. I can let you have a blank document that you could use if the bank want that. I will submit premium services proposal for you.

If I have answered your question for you, at the top of the page, you should see a rating facility. Can you please rate my reply 3 stars or more because that really helps me? Please note you are not rating whether it’s favourable, because sometimes you may not get the answer you want, but basically my knowledge and way of dealing.

The thread does not close and I am happy to answer any questions you may have arising from this.

Stuart J, Property Solicitor
Experience: Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace