JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

FAO: only Please review my N181 and draft directions.

FAO:JIM onlyPlease review my N181 and draft directions.

Hi, this is Jim.

Can you advise if I have answered this already? I did look at your N181 form but not the draft directions yet. With the draft directions you just need to fill out the court name (CCMCC), claim number and the party names.

Thanks,

Jim

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Jim - partly, as per the form N181:
(1) I have noticed that the part you suggest filling as CCMCC is pre-filled differently in the blank form I received via email (attached)
(2) As per 'Do you consider the case suitable for a single joint expert in any field?' - wouldn't it better to answer YES
(3) I have now also filled the whiteness part
Please review
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
As per the Direction - in the draft (attached) the weeks suggestions seem very long (30 more weeks of unsolved dispute and my flat filled with boxes. Is this standard or can I shorten them? Please advise and review

It's just a guide (30 weeks) so will be less in practice as no expert evidence is required either, so that can be shortened. Bear in mind a trial will be listed in around the 6 month mark, maybe later depending on the court so my view is to leave that in (30 weeks).

In your draft, delete Defendant's in the claimant's/defendant's draft directions (as this is your draft, not the defendant's).

Apart from that the draft is fine.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Ok, thank you Jim
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What about the N181 questions?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
And, as per the reply, it is just the N181 form and the directions template, nothing else - by first (not signed?) post. Please confirm - just don’t want to mess up the official submission part. Thank you.

Yes, the N181:

1. CCMCC should be inserted - the case has not been allocated to a regional court yet so you are advised to insert CCMCC in the N181 and draft order

2. Do you need an expert to support your claim for damages? If so, you need to find an expert witness who can prepare a report which complies with Part 35 of the CPR (https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part35). If so then you will need to find one online and instruct them - but you will need permission from the court to rely on their report, so you simply need their CV at the moment and their details to put on the N181 form.

3. Witness details - your details go in that section

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am not sure I need an expert - I believe the defects and issues are visible clearly on the photos / videos but I am not an expert and do not know what is usually required by the court and found favourable - thus the question and request for advise.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
As per whiteness - I thought so and copied the text from your sample, unless anything else is required.

Yes, I really cannot see the court needing an expert witness report to decide the issues. The defects are already evidenced which would be enough for a claim such as yours.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thank you - and for the post, it’s only the form and directions to court and defendant ? As per my previous question
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
That’s the last one
Yes, nothing else is needed. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi Jim, good morning - will I be required an additional payment or the payment I paid when submitting the MCOL claim covers the court cost - I have heard it both ways now... thank you.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
As per “ CCMCC should be inserted - the case has not been allocated to a regional court yet so you are advised to insert CCMCC in the N181 and draft order”
I understand but it seams not correct to rewrite something I got prefixed in a form that I received by post - or do you think that was an admit mistake?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Also, does it change where I sent the latter, or are they all sent to the same address - could you confirm. Thank you.