How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 9027
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

Just questions: (1) will I be required an additional payment

This answer was rated:

Hi Jim, just a follow up questions:(1) will I be required an additional payment or the payment I paid when submitting the MCOL claim covers the court cost - I have heard it both ways (?)
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
2) Coming back to the “ CCMCC - I understand your advise but it doesn’t seem correct to rewrite something I got pre-filled in a form that I received by post - or do you think that was an admin mistake?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
3) Would that change where I sent the latter, or are they all sent to the same address - could you confirm. Do you have the standard address to send N181 to?

Hi, how do you mean for an additional payment? Do you mean for sending the N181? There is a hearing fee.

See page 7 here:

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I meant hearing fee
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I meant court fees

As I said there is a hearing fee. How much depends if your case is small claim, fast or multi track. See page 7 of the link.

Question 2 - I can only put in what I have been doing for years as a solicitor in this area. If you do not want to do that then that is your choice and I can only give you guidance on this site. CCMCC is an acronym for county court money claims centre. If you can fill in "county court money claims centre on the top of the N181 then do so. If you cannot then put in CCMCC for ease.

Question 3 - you send to the address as per the notice you received from the court. It should be County Court Business Centre, 4th Floor St Katherine's House, 21-27 St Katherine's Street, Northampton, NN1 2LH

I hope this helps – if you can please rate the answer by clicking the 5 stars (the top of your screen & then click “submit”), I can answer follow up Q&A's at no extra charge and I will be credited for helping you today.

Many thanks,


JimLawyer and other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It does Jim, thank you. As per advise, I will print the form as per the latest one shared and send it to the address, it matches with the one in the footer of the form.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Jim, just a quick follow up on the court fees - when, at what stage and how do they have to be paid ?

The court will notify you when you need to pay the hearing fee. It can be paid online, by post or over the phone (or at the court counter).

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, thank you - I was just worried I had to pay something alongside sending the form.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
In regards ***** ***** form and directions, I have posted both to last week by 1st Class - is there any way to check that it has arrived / been delivered?

You can ring the court to check - they will have them by now. If not then the royal mail will tell you. If you ring the court on 0300(###) ###-####/p>