How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jeremy Aldermartin Your Own Question
Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 5393
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jeremy Aldermartin is online now

Helo Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any

This answer was rated:

Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: yes
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: london
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: this is regarding the commercial

Hi thank you for your message, what is your query please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have rent arreas for 2mths. Now landlord ask the solicity to send me formal letter demanding me to pay the rent for 6months asap. if i fail i will bring to court. i have 6months depo with them. wht shld i do now?

Hi thank you for your message, so when you say you have a 6 month deposit with them is this a deposit representing the equivalent of 6 months rent or 6 months rent which you paid in advance? Can you afford to pay the 2 months arrears?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the deposit is equivalent to 6month rent. in the lease i need to pay 6months advance rent. But im failed. I only pay one month rent now. So there will remaining 5mnths. which cover until 15th feb 2020.But now i only pay for Sept 2019. Oct and Nov are in arrears. So when the lawyer involve they demand the outstanding of 5months including insurance n maintainance. Can ask the lawyer to ask the landlord withdraw the deposit to cover my outstanding? while im looking for other to buy my lease? in the letter if i not pay the amount they will bring me to CCJ.

Hi thank you for your message, unfortunately, your deposit cannot be used for rent arrears but it seems strange they asked for such a large deposit in the first place. You could however, ask them to hold off enforcement action whilst you look to find someone to take over the lease. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Jeremy Aldermartin and 4 other Property Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
but in the deposit deed agreement i read the landlord can withdraw the deposit if there are liabilities such as rent arrears, insurance and etc. i will rate you. so should i hire a lawyer to defend me?