How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jak Bowtell Your Own Question
Jak Bowtell
Jak Bowtell,
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 159
Experience:  Principal in Data Protection Law at Lambeth Council
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
Jak Bowtell is online now

I have had to place a pole with to battery cameras as my

Customer Question

i have had to place a pole with to battery cameras as my wifes horses were shot at with air rife by the neighbour,he has now informed the council and they have asked us to remove immediately,the cctv cameras are about 100 m from his boundary and do not look in to any of his property ony is house from said distance,he is a very big developer and has tried to by this grazing field from us we said no and have had many years of intimidation
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: the police are not very helpful,the council are not very helpful because he is to wealthy,we own a small farm of 70 acres,we haven't taken any steps yet as it difficult to find help
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: as in address
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: we have been here for thirty years, the neighbour has been here for 6 years,we have spoken to the police many times and have said they will do any thing unless we proved evidence and are not believing any thing we say,this problem runs very deep as he also did an illegal land fill for three and a half years and we are the only witnesses to this and the environment agency have our statements, and are trying to prosecute
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  Jak Bowtell replied 7 months ago.

Hello there, can you confirm is the primary issue here is with the placement of CCTV cameras?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
that is the case, and the cameras are a good distance from our neighbours hedge.
Expert:  Jak Bowtell replied 7 months ago.

Can you confirm that the CCTV camera only point onto your own exclusive private property?

Expert:  Jak Bowtell replied 7 months ago.

If this is the case you do not need to register with the ICO, nor are you required to follow the Surveillance Camera Commissioner's guidelines for signage etc. The erection of a pole may be your main issue here. The council may see it as a land issue, but you certainly may have a CCTV camera that faces on your property only, providing no one else has an interest in the land.

Expert:  Jak Bowtell replied 7 months ago.

I hope this has been of some help to you. I do hope this helps, please kindly leave a rating and the questions will stay with me enabling me to answer any follow-ups quickly for you. It also means I'm compensated for my time (otherwise the funds are just retained by Just Answer and not forwarded to experts) Best JB. I'll be right here if anything related springs to mind and you have further questions on the matter!