INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

What are the laws on living on a building plot as security

Customer Question

Assistant: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: Their is outline planning we are await full planning permission I already have tool on site and guard dogs that need securing
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Hagworthingham Lincolnshire
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for your query. What facilities are there to live in the site?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Static caravan rinning Water toilet
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.

Do you have permission for the static caravan to be situated on site?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have outline planning permission to build a house for domestic use but no planning permission to have a static on site I thought we were allowed to live on site while we build
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
As were not building yet but have tools on site ready I was wondering whether I have a right to live here as security. Thanks
Expert:  INC Law replied 6 months ago.

That is not correct. You will.need to check with your local council to confirm whether they will permit a caravan to be situated in site for the purposes of residing.

I am sure you can keep a caravan on site or storage unit to store tools but living in site is another matter. You would need the Councils permission to do this.

I hope this answers your questions. If so, kindly rate the answer and provide feedback.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.