Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

My Father passed away in august this year. He owned his

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: My Father passed away in august this year. He owned his house valued at £300,000 recently. My sister and I are the executers of his will and can eventually share 50% of the property. She is using the house as her home where I rent in London. Does this make me liable for property tax when I buy a property to live in, in the future?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: London UK The house is in Kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We havent processed probate yet. We only have his death certificate and will
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I dont think so
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 7 months ago.

Hi thank you for your message, if you own that house and purchase another house then this will be classified as a second home so you would have to pay the higher rate of stamp duty as a second home. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Even if my sister is living in it?

Yes because you will still have a share of a another property. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.