Joy Nicholas
Joy Nicholas, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer
106220719

My tenant is wanting to end their tenancy early on the 26th

Hi, my tenant is wanting to end their tenancy early on the 26th of this month. They signed a 5 year contract. Where do I stand?
Assistant: What steps has your tenant taken so far? Have they prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: they called me
Assistant: Where is the property located?
Customer: Redcar in the North East
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Hi, thank you for your message. Is there a break clause in the contract?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please see contract attached

Hi, thank you for your message. From what you have sent to me I do not see a break clause and thus the tenant is bound by the 5 years coontract unless you allow him to leave early with notice or an early termination fee.

I hope this helps if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen and just answer will then credit me for helping you today.

Hi, I hope all is well! I would appreciate if you can please accept my answer there will be a box to do so and give me a five star rating for answering your question today top right corner of your screen otherwise I receive no credit for helping you.