Jeremy Aldermartin
Jeremy Aldermartin, Solicitor
Experience:  Dual qualified Solicitor and Attorney
65242892

Our commercial landlords have said they will give us 3 hours

Customer Question

Our commercial landlords have said they will give us 3 hours to remove all our possessions from the unit, is this right?
Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state the property is in?
Customer: The property is in excellent condition, we spent thousands bringing it to a fit for business condition in agreement with the previous landlord but he sold the units to an Orthodox Jewish company who now want us out due to late rent payment
Assistant: What are the terms of the lease? Any issues related to maintenance or upkeep?
Customer: No issues, the property was not fit when we took it on and we have photographic evidence of this and proof of all the work we did, but we have a lot of stock, fixtures and fittings and machinery to remove and it can't be done in 3 hours
Assistant: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: The possessions belong to a different company as the lease agreement is under another company name
Expert:  Jeremy Aldermartin replied 6 months ago.
Hi thank you for your message, no 3 hours does not sound correct. You should be given proper notice for example a months notice to leave. You should also check the terms of the lease and any notice periods. I hope this helps, if you can please accept my answer and rate me 5 stars (in the top right of your screen) then Just Answer will credit me for helping you today.