ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

We own the freehold of a property. There are three one

Customer Question

We own the freehold of a property. There are three one bedroom flats sold off on a leasehold basis which are in turn sublet on a buy to rent basis.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: we own the freehold of a property. We have sold off three one bedroom flats on a leasehold basis which in turn are sub let by the owners. Is there any way of stopping is subletting,as the tenants are proving troublesome and their landlord does little or nothing to help
JA: Where is the freehold located?
Customer: in Torquay devon
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I canthink of
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 months ago.

Good day your question has been forwarded to me to see if I may be of assistance.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 7 months ago.

To prevent the subletting a term would have had to be included in the lease agreement which prevents this being done. As such, you would have to revisit the lease to see whether any provisions were made in this regard. If there was, then you could bring an action against the leaseholders on this basis.

I hope I was able to help. Kindly let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Kindly indicate by clicking on the stars at the top of the screen whether you have accepted the answer given.

best wishes

RL