How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Property Law
Satisfied Customers: 15741
Experience:  30 years experience in property law.
Type Your Property Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

My mother and I have lived at the same address for over 40

Customer Question

My mother and I have lived at the same address for over 40 years, she has agreed to remover her name form the title deeds, we live in Scotland how do I go about doing this? do I really need a solicitor?
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Property Law
Expert:  JGM replied 6 months ago.

I am a solicitor in Scotland. You will instruct a solicitor to draft a title deed which your mother will sign and the solicitor will register the new title in the Land Register of Scotland. The Land Register will register the new title and email a new title sheet reflecting the change of ownership. I hope that helps. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited by JustAnswer for helping you today.