Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

Thank you. I wonder if you could advise me as I have to

Thank you. I wonder if you could advise me as I have to attend a court hearing tomorrow for a no-fault eviction. I am the tenant and disabled.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: in November I filled an extensive court form, a letter to the landlord stating facts as well as documents from my doctors. The court clerk last week said that the judge has read all that, although it did not say so in the letter.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: in Beaconsfield, Buckinghamshire. The letter informing the court hearing and date arrives LESS THAT A WEEK AGO.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ‘thank you. I have been in the property for five years, at the time I was going through an acrimonious divorce from my English husband. I am way too many nuts from this country but have a British citizenship. I had mental disabilities but as a result of a fall and I have a fractured hip since May and on the going won’t go on severe weight loss. There was a guarantor on the property the rent was£2350. I paid it for five years but after the fall I could not and the guarantor was activated in April. The landlord did not renew the contact in November and I was in the dark until now.

Hello my name is Jamie and I will help you. I am just reviewing your question. This is an email service so there may be delays when responding.

What is it you want to know about this today please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Jamie,

Thank you. I have 10 hearing tomorrow at 2.00 pm during which I can argue for the eviction on the 17 Jan (4 days) to be delayed because of my health. I was only made aware of the hearing and eviction date less than a week ago. I see various consultants, have been recognized as disabled by DWP and this is a no fault eviction. I am long term mental health patient and have a fracture undisplaced hip.

Is it a hearing for possession or to suspend a warrant?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It is a hearing under section 21 to reposes a property in Beaconsfield, rent is:£2350. The contract was always with a guarantor. I have lived here 5 years; this is a no fault eviction.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello?

Ok. Then the Court will give you between 14-28 days usually.

So yes, you can ask for more time.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If not, I would appreciate a 5-star rating for my answer, by clicking the button at the top of the screen. I am not paid for my time unless you rate. If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, but I have 10 min defense. I have prepared a note but how can I change the ruling and extend my stay in that 10 min?

The Judge will only need a short time. But these hearings are quick.

If it takes longer it takes longer.

You need to have submitted a witness statement in advance.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Yes

Can I assist with anything else tonight?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Considering the written defense I provided back in November 5 days ago I received a letter that on 2 Jan deputy district judge read the claimant’s request for repossession and ruled that the defendant should vacate the property on 17 Jan. There is a 10 min hearing on a Monday. When I called, the clerk said I did not have to file anything further. What I say would help the judge decide the length of time I should be allowed to stay considering my health.

Ok, thats ok then

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry, what clarifies?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am using this app as trial for preparing for tomorrow.

Ok.